Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tilapia and Red Pepper Sammiches with remoulade sauce

Ok---so Im trying to follow a 1500 calorie diet. I have lost 4 lbs this week, but I seriously think that if there is no exercise, you cant enjoy much. I have worked out 3x this week and this is a sammich I really enjoyed!

Make as many as you want for however many people you like, theres really not much prep in this one, so follow the same directions for each sammich.

For 1 (one) sammich you will need:
Tilapia filet seasoned with a sprinkle of garlic salt and onion powder
1/4 cup red peppers
1/2 tsp horseradish mustard mixed with 1/2 tsp lite mayo
2 slices whole wheat bread
Butter (my preference) to LIGHTLY spread on the bread or olive oil if youre trying to dodge cholesterol
Use nonstick spray and sautee the red peppers in a small nonstick pan on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes---I covered mine during this part.
Throw in the Tilapia and sautee with red peppers for 3-4 minutes each side(depending on YOUR doneness preference)
Pile all of the red peppers and tilapia between the bread slices, and pan grill your bread to your liking.
After removing the sammich, smear the bread with the "remoulade" of horseradish/mayo and dig in!
This was such a treat! Really-if you use the butter like I did, after making grilled cheese for the kids, youre really not missing much in the flavor department! Super duper treat for the girl on the weight loss menu. Got the fiber, omega 3-s, vitamin C. Yep---this one is a keeper for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment